- schlechte horror spiele den der ler sidst ler bedst a) Subject questions
ruby laser autonivel there In questions where the answer is the subject, the interrogative words “who” and “what” become the subject of the sentence. Therefore the sentence is constructed as a regular sentence, without using “do, does” or “did.”
- Who makes you happy? My mother makes me happy.
- What happened to him? He fell down.
- Who lives in that house? Mrs Brown lives in that house.
- What broke the vase? The cat broke the window.
- b) Object questions
While constructing sentences that seek the object as the answer, we use the auxiliary verbs “do/does/did” before the subject.
- What did you eat? I ate some pasta.
- Who did you see yesterday? I saw Jill yesterday.
- Who does he live with? He lives with his sister.
- What do you drink at breakfast? I drink tea at breakfast.
- Please compare the sentences below:
- John (1) saw Jill (2) yesterday.
- (1)- Who saw Jill yesterday? Answer: John.
- (2)- Who did John see yesterday? Answer: Jill.